Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Must...Talk...

Most previous friday... was quite possibly, one of the most fun nights in my life.

Why?? As you know.. anything ever worth talking about has a girl in it, and of course, this is no exception.

Back before the Margie Chronicles... way before they even got a little breath of life, there was this girl. Her name is Laurel.

She moved here when I was in 7th grade. She moved here, because her dad is the Pastor of our church... Good stuff right? Yeah... well, needless to say, we hit it off, and over the course of a few months/years, we really got to know each other. Very well.

It even come to a "climax" as I might call it, around the middle of 8th grade... we both liked each other, and I think we both knew it. Yet... just as I was sure I had it in the bag, she ended up "going out" with my friend Nic. Despite her saying that she really didnt.. I saw the note, and later on, she admitted that she did. It was quite a depressing night.

Skip ahead about a year and a half... From there, we were only friends. You know, me flirting constantly, hoping for anything, and just, the typical good friends type thing. You know the drill. Recently, she started to like my friend Jesse, and he started to like her. Good stuff... of course, I'm sitting here, going "meh. Used to it by now... *slight cry* "

Either way, I watched Jesse attempt to flirt, and so on... Didnt work so well. Of course, me being me, I'm consistant, and keep flirting. All that good stuff. I find all this information out by talking to jesse IRL, and Laurel by message + occasional sunday.. But recently, it turns out she has lost her liking for Jesse. Oh noes!!

This was friday... The night of "Capture the Flag", which, I feel, deserves a bit of a post on. It was an amazing night. I broke my previous record of guests brought. I broke it with 17 people. Good stuff right?

Anyway, I get there, and proceed to have a good time. idk, about after the 2nd game of CTF, we all go inside/split up, do whatever we want, and I get to talking to Laurel. Now, a good way of talking, without really talking is a cell phone. It goes like this. -Writes message- -hands to person- -person reads- -person deletes- -person writes new message- -hands phone back- -Continue-

I started off with some simple, "hows life, whats up" that whole bit. Eventually, I got to my simple apology letter, as always "Hey.. I hope you dont mind my consistant flirting." and just so on.

Told her about my life a little bit (as much as texting goes. lol), and just, enjoyed her company. Of course, throughout the night, I was flirting hard. You know, poking/hugs/close to her/the random physical contact. All that good stuff.

Eventually.. it gets to about 6am, and I've had enough of Rock Hero + Hard chairs. So I move my friend payton over on the couch, and make room for me + a small person... I bet you know who showed up. =P

Anyway, so we're sitting next to each other, quite close, mind you, and I whip out the phone, and start up the conversation.. except, only me talking. Eventually, it ends up to where I give my apology again.. and you know what happens? as soon as she reads it, she says "man, I'm so tired..." and puts her head on my shoulder. BAM BAM BAM. WOOHOO *Loud cheering from crowd* *estatic kid inside of me runs around screaming to whoever will listen*

That right there, was problably one of the best moments of my life. I kid you not. Like.. the joy I felt... undescribable. Of course, I exchange some texts, she aknowledges, and in general... I just make the best of it.



Of course, as we all know, Time stops for no man. That saying, I found holds very true... and this was no exception (Oh but dear God, did I wish just this one time it didnt...) She got up, I got up, we began to clean the house.

The all nighter was over, and I was left with that 1, amazing, wonderful, undescribable memory, and honestly, something like that might not ever happen again. I dont know. Time will tell.


As always, I sent the "after all-nighter message" to her (Facebook, this year), as I always do after one of those events... and well, its been 3 days (wow, seems a lot longer) no reponse yet. Darn her lack of computer access.

Haha, Idk. Its just, meh. I FINALLY find something that works out for an amazing night.. and I guess I'm just too impatient. Time will tell.

I'm hoping her message back is encouraging... if not, oh well. Life will go on, and I shall learn to "love" again. Good times..



If you read all this? Kudos. Hope you got something out of it... because I know I did. Venting really does make my heart so much lighter.... =]



Love to all,

-Martin.

No comments: